CAD/CAM (Computer-Aided Design/Computer-Aided Manufacturing) technology helps create many types of restorations, including dental crowns. By using this device, we can complete your restoration in a matter of minutes, eliminating the need for multiple appointments.
When you visit our office for a restorative treatment, our dentists will:
- Examine your tooth to determine the type of restoration you need
- Remove any decayed or weakened tooth tissue to prepare you for your restoration
- Take a digital picture of your mouth
- Convert this picture into a 3D model on the computer screen using CAD/CAM software
- Use this model to create a restoration
- Mill your crown or other restoration from a block of tooth-colored material